Thursday, September 20, 2012

35 Writers Who Have Influenced Me The Most

Over at Sean Taylor's excellent Bad Girls, Good Guys and Two-Fisted Action blog he's got this wonderful post "35 Writers Who Have Influenced Me The Most." Operating on my favorite principal that great artists steal, I immediately informed Mr. Taylor I was stealing his topic for my blog. So I'm gonna go over here and cackle evilly while plotting my next theft while you read. Enjoy.


1: Piers Anthony
2: Steven Barnes
3: Leigh Brackett
4: Ray Bradbury
5: Edgar Rice Burroughs
6: Stephen J. Cannell
7: George C. Chesbro
8: Clive Cussler
9: Samuel R. Delaney
10: Lester Dent
11: Alexandre Dumas
12: Will Eisner
13: Harlan Ellison
14: Ian Fleming
15: Dashiell Hammett
16: Chester Himes
17: Robert E. Howard
18: Langston Hughes
19: Joel Jenkins
20: Joe R. Landsdale
21: Stan Lee
22: Robert R. McCammon
23: Walter Mosley
24: Larry McMurtry
25: Michael Moorcock
26: John Ostrander
27: Ishmael Reed
28: Mike Resnick
29: Joshua Reynolds
30: Charles Saunders
31: Jim Steranko
32: Andrew Vachss
33: Jules Verne
34: Cornell Woolrich
35: Roger Zelazny

8 comments:

  1. Excellent! We share many of these writers. Now I'm tempted to steal this idea for my own blog, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stole it from Sean Taylor and he didn't mind. Steal away!

      Delete
  2. I see we have quite a few in common, D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised at all. That's why I like to see lists like these to compare not only similarities but differences.

      Delete
  3. Kind of shows me the ones I need to give more serious consideration, but about half of them are the same as mine. Plus, I'm weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. A lot of great writers on that list.y

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read maybe, maybe, maybe 40% of this list--but I cannot quibble a bit with a single name on this list. LOVE the Chester Himes love. He (first) and Donald Westlake change EVERYTHING for me.

    ReplyDelete

LEGENDS OF NEW PULP FICTION

AIRSHIP 27 PRODUCTIONS Proudly Presents LEGENDS OF NEW PULP FICTION Earlier in the year we learned that New Pulp writer/edi...